Friday, December 18, 2015

An Unexpected Travel Plan

Robert and I made an unexpected trip to Arizona. We booked our tickets last Monday and were on a plane Wednesday. This was my first trip back to the US in over 10 months and Robert's trip to the US in five months. Few people in Panama knew we were leaving for Arizona and only a handful of people knew we were in Arizona. Sorry if we did not get to see you this trip!

Common questions I got from the people I did see were what we missed. Robert missed considerate drivers. I missed leafy salads (in Panama a salad is more like a slaw), brussels sprouts, and fresh blue berries. It was also great to be able to see some of my friends who I consider family. I missed them the most.






One thing that was hard to imagine was how any place could be cold enough to require a warm jacket. Was Arizona always this cold in December?

The car recently had a new battery put in, hence the year

While we were in Arizona we stayed busy spending time with family, having an early Christmas with the family. We also went bowling and played lots of pool. We also had a chance to go to the Gilbert Food Truck Court in downtown Gilbert before they move their location. It was our first time there. Although it was cold outside, it was a very fun experience. 





After a week in Arizona, we were ready to go home. Both of us missed our dogs and begin close to the ocean among other things we have grown to love about Panama. Our trip back to Arizona was nice but there is nothing better than coming back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment