Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Hiking Los Cajones

We were off hiking again this week at a spot called Los Cajones (drawers in English). This hike was one of my favorite hikes we've done since we've been in Panama. The fact that water was close by definitely is a plus! Los Cajones has been on my to do list ever since I found out about it, some months ago. The flat rocks followed by the cliffs leading into a gentle swimming river immediately called my name. Luckily, we've been on a hiking streak, so what better place to pick for our next hike?

Robert and I weren't exactly sure where the hike was or what to expect. Although I talked to some friends about it and the drive, it still wasn't super clear on where we'd be driving and what kind of a hike we might encounter. I imagined that the area couldn't be too strenuous since it is also a popular place to go swimming.

Los Cajones was surprisingly easy to find.  Almost immediately we found ourselves in a picturesque environment, surrounded by green foliage on top of a plateau, below us the calm tranquil sound of a gentle river. Pictures do no justice here, but I included some anyways.




After further exploring we saw small rapids and waterfalls too!



This was a peaceful way to start the morning. The rest of the week ended up being busy with the normal hustles and bustles with day to day life. Outside of the hike, nothing else is new this week. Everyone is happy, healthy, and living life as usual. Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. What a pleasure to follow Robert and Natalie in the first 5 years of their marriage. It's been a healthy friendly joyful Journey that I feel as if I am on with them. Oh to redo my life. Instead I shall bask in their Unique Adventures. Wherever they are together, is their "Homemade Paradise" and God is with them also."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy reading the blog. We definitely do have unique adventures and consider ourselves lucky.

      Delete