Thursday, May 4, 2017

A Recap of Us the Last Month

I've broken my promise of blogging regularly. I have not had a lot of motivation, since I think our lives are kind of boring. Not saying our lives aren't great, but are they really worth writing about? Here is what we've been up to since our last blog post in February.

After our trip to Bogota, we took a quick trip to Arizona. For those of you counting, we traveled internationally 3 times within a 7 week period. Arizona was fun, because I got a chance to see some old friends, including one I haven't seen in over 20 years. It was great catching up!

We've both been busy with work. I am writing blogs for a local company here. It is great, because it gives me a chance to do things I wouldn't normally think of doing. One example of this is visiting a bed and breakfast that rescues sloths. Sloths are not very well liked in Panama, and some think they are connected with the supernatural. As a result, sloths are often mistreated and killed. This bed and breakfast will try to rehabilitate the sloths and return them to the wild. There are two that wouldn't make it in the wild, and these are the ones we got to feed. Aren't they cute?



We've been on a frozen smoothie kick. It just seems so much easier drinking a breakfast than cooking something. Cereal usually does a poor job holding me over until lunch, so this is a great option for both of us. Our freezer is full of frozen frozen fruit including bananas, mangoes, pineapple, spinach, kale, and berries. We have a small freezer, 70% of which is devoted to smoothies. Add a little protein powder with chia seeds or walnuts. Yum!


Robert and I went for a hike with a group earlier this week. The hike was a moderate hike, but it was a lot of fun. Rainy season has officially started, and we beat the rain by about 15 minutes. Thank goodness because hiking downhill doesn't sound super appealing with monsoon like rains.




We've had high surf advisories lately, too. These are usually a surfer's delight, since surf advisories usually equal big waves and strong ones. We went out for the first time in over a year yesterday. It was a blast in spite of us both being a little rusty.

Other than that, there is nothing new going on. We plan on going for another hike with a friend this week. We are staying busy and loving life in Panama. I really will try to make an effort to post something every two weeks. I know I said that before, but I really will try to put forth an effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment