Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Pregnancy Rant and and Update of the Past Two Weeks: Part 1

I have been debating on what I should talk about in the next blog post. There are two things that have been on my mind lately. One is kind of a pregnancy rant. The other is an update on what we've been up to in the last two weeks. Can the two be combined into one post? Let's see!

One thing I have been asked a lot lately is to post pictures or send pictures of my baby bump. Although my bump isn't the size of a beach ball (yet), it's hard to ignore my baby bump, even if I am lounging around in an oversized shirt.

My pregnant body seems to be changing daily in one way or another. Bending over to pick something off the floor is getting more difficult. It seemed relatively easy two weeks ago. Now it is becoming kind of a chore. Take a deep breath and squat/bend. Stand and exhale. Needless to say, some of the internal dialogues in my head can be pretty interesting on whether it is necessary to pick something up.

I am not the only one noticing my growing body. Others tell me their observations too! Well meaning people will tell me how good I look. In fact, I do not look over "three months pregnant," or tell me that I am barely showing. Others joke asking if I am having twins or triplets. One person, not Robert, commented on how my breasts are growing. While I try to smile and take it in stride, biting my tongue is not always easy.

I have never been one to really enjoy hearing comments on my body. Being pregnant has only reinforced some of these feelings. I get it, and it is something I try to accept. I am not against my photo being taken or published on social media. However, that doesn't mean I am posting belly bump pictures from the side either. If a blog post relates to me needing to be in the picture then I'll gladly post it. Just do not expect any side selfies from me any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment