Saturday, June 16, 2018

Happy Fathers Day

Father's Day is upon on us. Mothers are awesome, but dads are too. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like most dads treat their kids different compared to moms. They're the ones that say a little dirt won't hurt, or push you harder even when you want to tell them you can't (thinking of more than one occasion here Dad, if you're reading this). But that's what dads do.

Like moms, they come in different forms. Some have lost their children, others choose to give back to the community in other ways or choose to have act as "dads" in other ways. I see you and acknowledge you all!

Panama and the US celebrate this day on the same day. The day is important, and kind of a big deal. While I cannot speak to exactly how it's celebrated, I have read that schools (public school goes from March-December here) usually have a special concert just for the celebration of dads. Some may even get out traditional clothing, called polleras, to do folklore dancing. Cool, right?

Polleras. Source 
Time to get personal. My dad isn't perfect. He's made mistakes and has taught me that it is okay to go your own path. His example is what made it a little less scary to get to where I am today. Not saying it has been easy, but he has been a major influence in my outlook in life. Thanks Dad!



There is also my father in law. I never expected to be treated like a daughter by an in-law. And yet, I feel like I am. His witty one liners can really catch you off guard if you're not expecting them. His passion for things he full heartedly believes in is a force to be reckoned with.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment