Sunday, August 16, 2015

A Week of Visitors

This past week we had our first visitors to Panama! My parents visited for 10 days. Outside of visiting Mexico, this was their first international trip. It was also a chance for my dad, who is bilingual, to brush up on his Spanish skills.

My parents had a few requests of things they wanted to see and do in Panama. With some patience on their behalf I think we were able to see everything they wanted without being too overwhelmed. Within 10 days they were able to....

See Robert and I surf and also feel what 80 degree ocean water feels like
Go to El Valle and the Butterfly Haven there

Visit Ancon Hill and see some of its views
Go to the Panama Canal and see a ship transit through part of the locks

Visit a cathedral 

Swim in a pool and relax

...they also got to experience the crazy driving, how inexpensive certain aspects of Panama can be, and try some different foods. They avoided the crazy Panama rain and missed some of the crazy music and fireworks that typically occur during the weekends. I'm sure they are okay with that! 

The time that they were here went by amazingly fast. My dad's Spanish skills seemed a bit rusty but for the most part, it seemed to come back to him. He did have to learn about cultural differences in words (some which made us all laugh). It was a special treat to be able to share something we love with my parents. Next time they come back I am sure Robert and I will have more adventures to take them on as well, which will be another special treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment