Monday, November 16, 2015

A Trip to the City

One of the things I enjoy about my job is that I have an excuse to travel and be a tourist. I admit, there are easily 100 different places I want to visit in Panama and this week I got to cross one more off the list. This week we took a trip to Panama City and visited the BioMuseo. 

This building is a landmark when you leave Panama City. People I talk to seem to either love or hate the building design. I like it if only for the uniqueness of the building.

Photo link
The building’s design is meant to tell the story of the formation of the isthmus and how it connected two continents and the influence that this had on biodiversity. There are several ongoing projects that will continue to add to Gehry’s design and is expected to be completed in 2020. The focus of the BioMuseo is to focus on Panama's biodiversity.

The inside of the museum was very interesting and educational. Robert and I seemed to enjoy the museum just as much as the middle schoolers that were walking around. Robert enjoyed the new knowledge he gained about how Panama was formed. I second Robert in saying I learned a lot from the museum. Neither of us realized that Panama was not originally part of North or South America and that Panama was formed from volcanoes. 



Animals that live or have existed in Panama to size.
The giant "bear" looking animal is a giant sloth
Who knew this post would be educational? This week included several trips to Panama City but this was one of the more enjoyable things we did (the other ones were for work). It was interesting to learn about the animals and the diversity in Panama.

No comments:

Post a Comment