Tuesday, November 10, 2015

I Missed a Week and Almost Missed this Week Too!

 Last week there were two paid Panamanian holidays. That meant parades, a lot of flags being flown,  a lot of beach goers, and us staying barricaded in our house as much as possible due to the high amounts of traffic. We did venture out to paddle board again and this time it was a bit easier than the first. That was our week in a nutshell.

Right now we are dealing with sugar ants (also more uncommonly known as pharaoh ants) in our kitchen. I read somewhere that baking soda and powdered sugar help kill them so that is what we are using. We'll see if it works. So far they do not seem to be too interested but that could change.

This week we have a few trips into the city for work and we had a perfect day of paddle boarding earlier this week since the waves were virtually non existent. I have to admit, I think I am hooked and find it to be a nice excuse to go in the water even when the waves are not good for surfing. There is something about the ocean that makes me feel centered and the fact that I get a decent workout out of it is a double whammy.

Life is great. I hope I do not take the times it used to feel near impossible to take time for ourselves before coming here. It is good to feel centered!

photo link






No comments:

Post a Comment